- Smaller incisions for quicker recovery
- Stronger screws and plates to allow patients to walk quicker and, in many cases, out of the operating room
- Anchors to reattach the tendon/muscle back to the bone to allow patients to walk and recover quicker
- Replacement of great toe joint for severe arthritis (similar to hip and knee replacement)
- The injection consists of human amniotic membrane. Human placenta is thought to have great healing and restorative properties. The tissue is turned into an injectable product. The injections are used for tendon, bone, muscle, ligament, and wound healing.
- It has been shown to Reduce Inflammation, enhance Soft Tissue Healing, and be non-immunogenic
- Used commonly for achilles tendon injuries, plantar fasciitis, ligament tears/sprains, etc.
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy
- PRP therapy, which takes approximately twenty minutes to complete, begins with collection of 10cc of the patient’s blood. The blood sample is placed in a centrifuge to separate the platelet-rich plasma from the other components of whole blood. Doctors then inject the concentrated platelets into the site of the injury. Platelets function as a natural reservoir for growth factors.
- This helps to heal/repair injured tendons, ligaments, and muscles, and bones.
- Commonly used in sports medicine, including many well known high level athletes
Skin Graft Substitute
- Skin substitutes are used to aid in wound closure, control associated pain and replace the skin function to promote healing of the wound
- Wound covering to protect the wound area and provide a clean healthy and moist environment to promote wound healing
- Using skin substitutes has been shown to accelerate wound healing with fewer complications from infection. Additionally, skin substitutes are more cosmetically attractive and provide more functionality and flexibility to wound sites
- Avoids having to do another surgery to take a piece of skin off another part of your body. Simply ordered from the lab.
- Proven to speed up healing in difficult to heal foot wounds/ulcers
- No pain during the procedure. No anesthesia needed.